Hello Keep Pounding team!
Rob has made much progress this past week!
A brief update, and what’s coming up next:
1. Rob was able to get out for a few outings, and walk around a bookstore. While there, we ran into a wonderful Keep Pounding Rob team member! This awesome surprise made our day!!😊
That same outing, he was able to ride the escalator up to the 2nd floor of the bookstore, instead of using the elevator. This is HUGE, because if you remember (or are new to the blog), Rob had a very rough time with balance and dizziness post transplant. Escalators were out of the question, and it was great to see him use the up escalator with ease!
2. At Rob’s weekly oncology appointment, his labs looked good! He still needs the mask when out as a precaution. After a few more weeks of consistently good lab results, he should be mask free! 🙂
3. His appetite is coming back, slowly but surely! He is able to eat a few bites here and there, along with the high protein ensures!
Coming Up Next Week:
1. PET scan, labs (including those for myeloma markers), and bone marrow biopsy. These tests will determine if the multiple myeloma is active.
2. Cardiologist appointment, where we will go over the last 2 weeks of blood pressure and pulse readings we have done at home.
The heart medicine is extremely helpful lowering the heart rate, but is also lowering his blood pressure (as it should), however, the chemo has already made Rob’s blood pressure too low.
This is a concern, especially as Rob may be going on a maintenance chemo after we get the test results from the PET scan and bone marrow biopsy.
Maintenance chemo is chemo given as a preventive measure when the multiple myeloma is not active. We won’t know this until May 6th.
Please keep us in your prayers for the next few weeks as we prepare for the PET scan, bone marrow biopsy, labs and cardiologist appointment.
We should know the results of the tests May 6th.
Thank you, Keep Pounding Rob team, for your prayers, thoughts, and support!!
We are beyond fortunate to have ya’ll with us every step of the way to help Rob Keep Pounding!!